Tuesday, April 21, 2009

FAST as SharePoint search engine

While I was in UK at the beginning of this month, I had a very interesting conversation with one of SharePoint MVPs (no names, but he knows who he is :-). The conversation was mainly revolving around FAST and the fact that most SharePointers don’t have a clue what FAST search engine is and what it does. The common knowledge is that FAST is going to be tightly integrated with SharePoint and will make search better….. That’s it! 

As a result of the above mentioned conversation, I’ve decided to start series of blog posts about FAST features and the value they bring to the enterprises. Stay tuned, in the next post, I’ll start unveiling some of my favorite features. Posts will be titled “FAST search engine for SharePoint PART 1,2,3….etc”

Enjoy

5 comments:

Sebastian Gerling said...

I'm looking forward to this articles, we are evaluating Fast at the moment

Regards

Sebastian

Alex Angas said...

That would be great. FAST is used at my company and I'm interested in its feature set and reliability.

Jayvardhan Patil (Jay) said...

I would like to get alerted whenever you post a new post regarding FAST.

RSS is not a preferred option for me because I have already subscribed too many of them.

Can you please add email alerts to your blog?

Or are you active on twitter? I can follow you. I'm at http://www.twitter.com/codeforfuture

Jayvardhan Patil
Share as you CODE

Natalya Voskresenskaya [SharePoint MVP] said...

Well, I'm not sure I can enable email alerts for my blog (if anyone know how to do it, please enlighten me).
YOu can follow me on twitter http://twitter.com/natalyvo, but I'm very inconsistent there :-(
BTW I have newer posts on FAST

Jayvardhan Patil (Jay) said...

I know blogger has very less features thats why I shifted my blog (http://codeforfuture.com) to wordpress.

Thanks,
Jay